I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Jennifer Windram! Thank you, Jennifer! This is all so very exciting! I am really honored!
The award is a way to recognize new bloggers and encourage people to visit new and interesting blogs. It’s bloggers supporting each other!
First, I must answer the following questions given by Jennifer:
1. Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe in the theory that energy is neither created or destroyed. It just changes from one form into another. So, in taking that theory, all beings have an energy about them and when that being no longer exists in the form that they were once in, that energy becomes something else. So, in other words, yes. I probably could have just said yes and left it at that!
2. Have you/would you go skydiving?
No, as much as my being could use a little work, I like the physical state that it is in. That is to say, alive. See response to question #1.
3. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
No. Emphatically no. Costco had Christmas crap up in August. Really? I shake my fist up at commercial Christmas and refuse to shop until after Thanksgiving. This is when I can be in my normal state of frenzied panic and regret as to why I didn’t start shopping earlier like a real American mom would.
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Homecoming queen. I heard that was a good gig.
5. What is the nicest thing someone has ever said to you/or done for you?
My hubby asking me to marry him. (I know. Barf.)
6. Where would you travel if money and time were no issue?
My hubby and I were just talking about that…Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea. I want to sleep in one of those grass huts on stilts over the ocean water. I want to have no technology leash. I want to sip drinks with little umbrellas in it. I want to get funky tan lines.
7. Which animal would you be most afraid to stumble upon: grizzly bear, great white shark or anaconda?
I’ve given this a lot of thought and I think the answer is grizzly bear. Although the likelihood of me encountering any of these creatures is astronomically low, encountering a grizzly bear is just a smidge higher than the other two. I have discovered that anacondas, although very powerful, are pretty slow on land. So, if you happen to be strolling along a marshy swampy path and encounter an anaconda, stroll quickly in the other direction. There’s a very good chance to get away unscathed. As for a great white, I have a hard and fast rule not to swim in the ocean. Never swim in the ocean = never encounter a great white shark. OMG – no brainer! Now for a grizzly bear, that’s a whole other ball of wax. One day, I would like to visit Yellowstone Park. Grizzlies live there, though. According to PBS.org there are like 10 things to do if you encounter a bear. That’s 10 things too many to remember in a time of crisis. Instinctually, I will more than likely do the opposite of all of them just out of sheer panic. So, the answer is grizzly bear.
8. Who inspires you?
Everyone on Pinterest who make stuff.
9. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I have 56 pairs of shoes. That’s 0.007% of what Imelda Marcos had.
10. What has been your favorite thing about writing a blog?
I love everything about sewing and knitting and crocheting and taking crap and making other forms of less crappy things. Writing a blog gives me a platform to share it. Having someone read about it is icing on the cake.
Next, I have to share who I am nominating for this award (in no particular order):
For those of you that I’ve nominated feel free to accept or decline the award, participation is optional and nominate as many bloggers as you like.
Next, I have to tell you the rules:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Finally, my questions:
- Describe yourself in 140 characters (as if to tweet).
- What’s the best advice you’ve given or been given?
- What would be the one thing you’d change about yourself?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Who is the last person you made angry or upset? What did you do?
- What is your go to favorite comfort food?
- What is your favorite line in a movie or book?
- If the zombie apocalypse were to happen tomorrow, how long do you think you’d survive and why?
- What obsolete invention do you wish were still around today?
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12503559/?claim=s7kuwnc3hqt”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>