My baby sister, who is the biggest supporter of my blog, has the sneezies. In the last several years she has developed allergies to many things. Thus, she is prone to hyper sneezing. I feel for her, since half the year I’m using some kind of allergy medication with the letter “D” attached to the end of it. Guess it runs in the family!
In appreciation for the support and encouragement for my blog, I decided I would make this tissue holder I found on Pinterest. Here’s what I came up with.
I did have to make some modifications though because I wanted to use these strips of fabric that I originally intended for something else that has been long since forgotten.
Because the strips of fabric didn’t match the dimensions perfectly, I sewed them together to create a greater area of fabric and then I top stitched it. Adding the top stitch makes it look like it was more on purpose than having the back of the project look like an “oops”.
Again, I had to sew strips together to get the right sized fabric for the front pieces. I added top stitching to each of those.
I also added a loop so I can attach a removable key fob. Make sure to sew the loop to the right side of the back piece first before pinning the front pieces.
Before I knew it, I was finished! Extremely satisfying. Made another one. Working on mom’s and middle sister’s next!
I’m excited to give it to her on Wednesday when she comes by for a visit! I’m pretty sure she won’t be surprised, though, because she’ll see it here. Spoiler alert, S (I’m going to refer to her as “S”)! The surprise will have to be which one she gets!